11.10.2010

SPRING 2011 (1)

As I said in my last post, my two favorite designers are Chanel and Alexander Wang. Well...USED to be Alexander Wang. If he keeps on sending horrendous s-word down the runway like this season, i might have to find a new favorite.

His collection was just...off this season. Nothing seemed right, and quite frankly he really disappointed me. I chose the two worst looks, which was quite hard to be brutally honest. Can we just get the appalling make-up out of the way? I don't know if they did this on purpose, but ALL of their foreheads look like they got smeared with olive oil. Just go look. Every single forehead is shiny and oily looking. god, GROSS. Anyway, Let's get on with the mint number: On the positives; the shoes, pants, and color choice were ok. But this tin-foil anorak thing ruined everything. Has no shape, does NOTHING good to her body. I can't continue without blowing my top, so let's get on with it. This white piece again has positives: the shoes and the pants. But I can't get my head around this jacket. It's...ARG. It's just an awkward shape. It doesn't fit. Not digging it Wang...

So, overall: Wang decided to start a clean slate with whites, mints, and terra cottas. Well Wang, you lost a fan. I am no longer a loyal subject, but I'm now on the fence. PLEASE, I beg, step up your game next season, for your sake and mine. AW gets 6 out of 10. Sorry.


AHHH...Chanel. I will always and forever love Chanel's clothing. Karl always gets to me, and makes me love every collection. I am a truly devoted fan. I chose the two best looks of of the collection for me, and that was no walk in the park. (AHAHA get it? because the set is a PARK. AHAHA) This black number is amazing. MON DEIU...that dress, the tux/blazer jacket, and those leather thigh-highs. I can imagine myself  in this. Right now. HAND IT OVER. NOWWW! Let's not even put this apricot-feather-cloud into words. Just stare. Enough said...

Well, Chanel surprises me still, even though I know ahead of time i'm going to be WOWed, i get more WOWed than expected. So, 9 out of 10 for you Karl. (INSERT APPLAUSE HERE)

Well, I'm off for some lounging on the sofa with hot cocoa and The Devil Wears Prada on my TV screen. I know that I'm supposed to be reviewing Resort 2011 but i decided to dive into spring. I mean, it's WINTER. Why rush? (:

COMING UP: Chloé, Miu Miu, Hermés, AQ...



No comments:

Post a Comment